In this post, we share inspirational Abraham Lincoln quotes with pictures & interesting facts about Abraham Lincoln, the 16th U.S. President.
Famous Life Quotes by Abraham Lincoln
In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.
If there is anything that a man can do well, I say let him do it. Give him a chance.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.
When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.
Whatever you are, be a good one.
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.
The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Inspirational Quotes by Abraham Lincoln
We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses – quotes by Abraham Lincoln
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.
I’m a slow walker, but I never walk back.
The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who’ll get me a book I ain’t read.
Character is like a tree and reputation its shadow. The shadow is what we think it is and the tree is the real thing.
I’m a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn’t have the heart to let him down.
The best way to predict your future is to create it
My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.
Quotes about Nationhood
This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.
We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth.
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Facts about Abraham Lincoln
- He never belonged to an organized church. Lincoln read the Bible daily, but he never joined an organized church in his lifetime.
- Lincoln was fond of pets, and owned horses, cats, dogs and a turkey.
- He hated being called Abe. Apparently, he preferred being called by his last name.
- He created a national banking system with the National Banking Act in 1863, resulting in a standardized currency.
- He was the only president to have a patent: Lincoln invented a device to free steamboats that ran aground.
- He was the tallest U.S president at 6’4″.
- He didn’t drink, smoke, or chew. Lincoln was a simple man of tastes, and he never drank in the White House.
Hope you like these Abraham Lincoln quotes & facts!